- Keep your pets away from the BBQ grills that can easily burn them.
- Animals should never have access to chocolate or alcohol. Never leave alcohol or chocolate unattended where pets can reach it.
- Never use fireworks around pets! Even unused fireworks can pose a danger as many contain potentially toxic substances, including arsenic and heavy metals.
- Loud, crowded fireworks displays are no fun for pets (and many pets are in fact terrified of them), so resist the urge to take them to Independence Day festivities.
- Make sure that your pet has collards, ID tags and microchips that are up-to-date! A door gate could be left open accidently during your BBQ or your pet could escape if it becomes frightened during a fireworks display. Collars, ID tags and microchips are the best way to ensure your pet will be returned to you if it gets lost.
Aug 14 2015