If your pet is injured, it could be in pain and most likely scared and confused. You will need to be careful to avoid getting hurt, bitten or scratched.
- Never assume that even the gentlest pet will not bite. Pain and fear can make pets unpredictable and even dangerous.
- Always keep your face away from an injured pet, and don’t attempt to hug it. This could scare your animal or cause him pain.
- If necessary (and only if your pet is not vomiting) place a muzzle on the pet to reduce the chances you will be beaten.
- While transporting your injured pet keep it confined in a small area to reduce the risk of additional injury
- Call Golden Gate Animal Clinic and let us know you’re bringing in an injured pet.
Always remember that pet first aid should always be followed by immediate veterinary care.